DOT Physicals are required by the Department of Transportation for those applying for and holding a Commercial Drivers License. There are set guidelines in which an applicant must meet. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration lists the requirements:
- No loss of a foot, a leg, a hand, or an arm
- Impairment of hands or fingers which interferes with grasping or impairment of an arm, foot, or leg which interferes with ability to perform duties
- No history of insulin dependent diabetes
- No current clinical diagnosis
- myocardial infarction
- angina pectoris
- coronary insufficiency
- any other cardiovascular disease of a variety known to be accompanied by syncope, dyspnea, collapse, or congestive cardiac failure.
- No established medical history or clinical diagnosis of a respiratory dysfunction that interferes with ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle safely
- No current clinical diagnosis of high blood pressure likely to interfere with ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle safely
- No medical history of arthritic, orthopedic, neuromuscular, muscular, rheumatic, , or vascular disease that interferes with ability to control a commercial motor vehicle safely
- No diagnosis of epilepsy or any other condition which is likely to cause unconsciousness
- No mental, nervous, organic, or functional disease or psychiatric disorder which interferes with ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle safely
- Distant visual acuity of at least 20/40 in each eye with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to recognize the colors of traffic signals and devices showing standard red, green, and yellow
- Perceives a forced whispered voice no less than 5 feet away with or without a hearing aid
- Not a user of any drug or controlled substance including an amphetamine, a narcotic, or other habit-forming drug.
- No diagnosis of alcoholism
AFC Urgent Care Hartsdale has the ability to perform all of these tests in our DOT Physicals. We will review your medical history, perform a complete physical examination, and perform all necessary tests in our state-of-the-art facility. We are registered with the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
We accept all walk-ins and an appointment is never required. We offer extended hours to fit your schedule.
Visit us today at 359 North Central Ave in Hartsdale, NY or call 914.448.2273.
To fill out a contact form, visit our employer services page, where you will get in contact directly with our center admin.